The nature and location of resources
|The River Trent at Cromwell, c1910.
- The topographical photographic collection at Nottinghamshire
Local Studies Library.
- North Notts from the Air (Retford, 2000)
- Trent in Old Photographs (19...)
- Leen in picture postcards (19...)
- Picture the Past - Picture Nottingham - a joint project by
the local authorities of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and
Derby who are currently putting a vast range of photos onto a website
Film & video
- General but nothing specific
|Extract of a view of Nottingham showing the River
Trent winding through the meadows and alongside Wilford church. (Jan
- Trentside exhibition catalogue (Djanogli, 2001)
- Plates in Thoroton, Antiquities of Nottinghamshire (1677),
and Throsby’s reprint of 1790s.
- Many 18thC and 19thC artists painted topographical scenes of the
county which included rivers, especially the Trent. Many are held or
documented by Nottingham Castle Museum.
- Very atmospheric drawings of various river and canal scenes were drawn
by T W Hammond in the early 20thC (copies at Nottinghamshire
Local Studies Library).